You'll see Bradford Landmark Society volunteers at the Crook Farm participating in the Crook Farm School Program introducing 4th & 5th grade students to 1880s life. The Crook Farm Country Fair finds volunteers coordinating dozens of activities including displays, tours, entertainment, vendors, scheduling, planning, and food preparation.
Volunteers at the Herbig Bakery Headquarters provide assistance to historical and family researchers, maintain genealogical information, input data into indexes, mail newsletters, answer questions by telephone, U.S. Mail and email, and provide historical assistance to area organizations.
We are in particular need of volunteers for:
- Data Entry. This is an activity that could be done long-distance with the Society supplying photocopies to work from. We have been using Excel as a database, but would consider files prepared in other programs provided it was discussed beforehand and we are certain we could utilize the data with the software we have in place.
- Filing, typing (yes, with an old-fashioned typewriter), and answering the telephone.
- Researching requests received via email, telephone, letters, and in person.
- Composing historical window displays at the Herbig Bakery.
- Scannning historical photos.
- Photographing homes and buildings in Bradford.
- Janitorial help.
- Demonstrating for, and helping children participate in chores, carpentry, weaving and candle-making for the School Program in the spring.
- Food service, Crook Farmhouse guides, Schoolhouse guides, Society Pavilion docents, clean up and correspondence related to the Crook Farm Fair at the end of August.
- Assistance in other areas, utilizing your particular talents, which would fit the objectives of the Society.
We welcome you to contact us and discuss becoming a volunteer.